The Ultimate Dog Pool
Swimming for Your Dog’s Good Health
The “ultimate dog swimming pool” was designed to assist and help injured and athletic dogs develop and maintain peak performance. At 18 feet x 26 feet, dogs have fun swimming and, in many cases, chasing toys to get their exercise, build strength, increase mobility, and more.
Warm Water Dog Swimming Pool
Dogs can benefit from using this pool in several ways.
Maintain Health Year-Round with a Consistent Exercise Program
- Dogs have fun getting into shape and losing those extra pounds
- Improve and maintain conditioning for competition sports, such as agility, conformation, and dock dogs
- Their humans enjoy saving money on vet bills – a healthy dog often lives longer with fewer vet visits; swim sessions at the Ultimate Dog Pool are a great value
- Deep and long enough for large dogs to swim
- Your dog will love you for taking him swimming
Senior Dogs Enjoy Chasing Toys Again
Senior dogs experience more freedom in the ultimate dog swimming pool. While swimming, the water supports 70 percent of their weight, making it easier to use their legs and may relieve pressure from achy joints. Imagine watching your senior dog chasing toys again! In the midst of all that fun, they will be strengthening their muscles, promoting circulation, increasing their range of motion (stretching), and getting the many benefits that exercise delivers. We love seeing senior dogs enjoy playful activities once again, and we are grateful for the gift it brings to their humans – who often feel such joy, seeing their beloved dog play and have fun again – maybe for the first time in years.
Speed Recovery from Injury or Surgery
- Muscles relax in warm water making movement easier and more comfortable
- Beth will join your dog in the pool to follow your vets instructions for stretching, range of motion and strengthening exercises
- Decreased pain while moving – 70% of your dogs weight is removed in the water
- Willingness and confidence increase – success and less pain using injured body parts in the pool leads to increased confidence on land
- Increased mental and emotional well being as your dog experiences success with exercises in the pool
- A happy dog will sooner become a healthy dog
- Stimulate your dogs mind to speed recovery and mental well being
- Warm water feels great
Protect the Health of Your Athletic Dog — Agility, Dock Diving, Conformation, Hunting, and Performance Sports
- Maintain peak physical condition year round – especially off-season
- Halt muscle atrophy
- Reduce risk of injury – your dog will likely do what you ask whether he is physically conditioned for the sport or not
Great for Puppies, Too
- Condition your puppy without worrying about stressing his still growing bones and joints
- Safe and fun way to introduce your puppy to swimming, build swimming skills, and build their confidence in the water.
The Dog Swimming Pool Details
- Open year-round
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Saturdays 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Measures 18 feet x 26 feet
- Plenty of room to exercise or swim as much as your dog needs or wants
- Deep and long enough for large dogs to really swim
- A custom-made adjustable, underwater resting platform where dogs of all sizes, from toy to giant breeds, can stand and rest in the pool during their session
- Heated to a comfortable temperature – enjoyable year-round
- Warm water relaxes muscles improving range of motion and stretching
- Ultra-violet light in our water filtration system safely and thoroughly disinfects the pool water. Ultra-violet light is considered one the best pool water treatment technologies available. UV systems provide the healthiest water available for swimming pools by dramatically reducing the use of chlorine.
- Healthy – it’s non-toxic, non-irritating, non-allergenic, and odor free
- Free of chlorine
- Gentle; no chlorine to dry out their skin or coat
- No irritated eyes
- Heated to keep you and your dog comfortable before, during, and after swimming
- Dog drying area where you can dry your dog after swimming; towels and blow dryer available
- A dry seating area where you can watch and cheer while your dog is in the pool; you may find yourself in the “splash zone” depending on your dog
All dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations, as recommended by your vet.
Beth Meyer, founder of Happy Tails Resort and Spa in Auburn, WA, was inspired and motivated to open a swimming pool for dogs after Rocky, her then 9-year-old Great Dane, required back surgery in December 2000. The vet suggested hydrotherapy. After a few months of hydrotherapy, Beth realized this was an excellent way for any dog to get into and stay in the best condition possible. Warm water relaxes the muscles, increasing his range of motion, strength, stretching, and more. Dedicated to providing the best for every dog, Beth built a pool deep enough and long enough for large dogs to truly swim and have fun chasing toys.
Big and small, we love them all.
Questions? Contact us to talk with Beth about your dog and whether our Ultimate Dog Pool could help them reach their goals.